Share the knowledge
So, I’ve been a travel agent part-time now for about a year, while I stay home. In that period of time, I have learned that even if I decide that I don’t want to be a travel agent anymore, I will always use a travel agent to book my travel. Now that I know why, I figured I would let everyone else know why they may want to think about reaching out to a travel agent before they plan their travel themselves.
Hopefully, at the end of this article, you may rethink your thoughts about using a travel agent. If not, that’s cool too. But, remember you can always plan your trip yourself, even if you use a travel agent to book. In fact, most travel agents wouldn’t mind that at all.
1. Its Free: If you are booking through a Company, it doesn’t cost you anything to use a travel agent, because they get paid by that Company. We work with Any and All Companies, so if the trip is Commissionable, you don’t pay anything to use our services.
2. Time: It takes a lot of time to find the perfect trip. It even takes us a lot of time. But, we are getting paid to find you your perfect trip based on what you are looking for. Plus, if there is an 800 number for you to call, we either have that same number or we have a direct line to solving your problem faster. We can do this before, during and after your vacation.
3. Money: I can probably price beat the best price that you can find. Ask. If I can’t, I still highly encourage you to book your trip through us because then we are responsible for your vacation.
4. Knowledge: We can recommend things to do in the location that you are going. If I don’t know initially, I will find out from people who have been there or other travel agents who are experts at that location. If I tell you that I can help book, plan and handle any stresses of your trip, I better be able to find the answers you are looking for. Which I am.
5. Help a Friend/Family Member or Acquaintance Out: If time, money and/or knowledge isn’t convincing you to use a travel agent the next time you travel. Do it to help your friend/family member or acquaintance out. This is what they are doing for their hobby/part-time or full-time job. They don’t make money unless you use them for your trip.
6. Social: I am a travel agent. But, if I wasn’t a travel agent I would use as travel agent for Social reasons as well. If I am the planner of the family, but I am planning our vacation with someone else, I will hopefully be really excited to work with them to plan my vacation and to show my pictures to them before, during and/or after the trip. Now, I know this is a strange reason to use a travel agent, however it would probably convince me to do so. I love bragging to people about my most recent vacation and as your travel agent I care how it went. I have to. But, I do care, seriously ;).
Still not convinced. Okay. Thanks for reading. I’ll try to come up with more reasons that I can blog about later to hopefully convince you next time. For now, I think 6 reasons is enough. I don’t really want you to lose interest in this… still there… article. :)